Every year we think about our skin
care during the hot summer sun. We take care to cover ourselves and our
children. But, do we take as much care during the winter months.
you know that taking care of your skin is a year round activity? For
everyone it is important, but for babies it is imperative. Baby's skin
is so sensitive to even mild changes in weather that you need to be on
your game to take proper care in the winter.
We have a few simple tips to help get you started with winter skin care:
the number of baths you give. If you are used to bathing your baby once
a day, try going every other day. This will help the natural oils to
keep moisturizing their skin.
- Keep bath water luke warm. Believe it on not, warmer water with actually dry out your skin.
- Moisturize well after bathing.
- Keep your baby out of the winter sun.
- Humidify your indoor air. When you put moisture into your air, it will help your baby's skin and your own.
- Be proactive with your baby's lips also. You can use a little bit of gentle lip balm on their lips, like Bordeaux's Baby Kisses.
Take care of your skin this winter and take care of your baby's skin. You will both be grateful. Remember that your baby's skin can dry out and dehydrate quite quickly.